i finally got around to spraying my american eagle convex mirror that i was so excited about. more here – found it on etsy.
1. tape it up - circles look hard, not true. cut up, or use a square sheet of something; i used an us weekly cover (after i read it).
just pull off small pieces of painters tape and go around the edges at slanted angles. get as close as you can without covering any surface area you need to spray.
2. i didn’t have another tarp so i cut up an ikea shopping bag, they’re cheaper anyways. just cut along the seams and unfold.
3. i used the one above, i wanted a ‘shiny’ finish. here are tips on spray painting too.
remember: short strokes, let the project dry some before the second coat, also let it dry at least 30 min before you take it inside….we just ran to starbucks while we waited.
4. i had to run out, so i waited to peel and reveal for a few hours = good and dry
5. i missed a few spots – no big deal, just touch it up with some paint. another great cheat – if you have a sharpie near the color you used, just touch it up with that.
all done and in place over the bar.