Image

i decorated: austin, tx – it’s all done!

remember how i worked on my little sister’s new place in austin? well – it was my old place, that i went back to re-do as her new place.

here’s the before….

picstitch-84

_____________________________________________________________

BOOOOOMMMMMM:

here it is – all done, paint and everything. i love it. my favorite styling to-date, and as usual- sourced on a budget!

(original redo post here, part 1)  & (original redo post here, part 2)

DSC_0350

DSC_0360

DSC_0361

DSC_0362

DSC_0363

DSC_0364

DSC_0365

everything is stock and secured on the cheap:

• sofa table ($80) + rug ($199) + picture frame above bar – ikea
  • tv table and ladder used for magazines – nadeau

west elm:

• coffee table +  trays + bar towels + antlers –  and the chandelier…clearance ($79)

z gallerie

tj maxx:

• the garden stool + the bar and bar accents+  the zig zag box + the asian foo dog on the lucite base+ the benches with the greek key scroll add a great pop of color and were major wins

other items:

• lamps were a score from the crate and barrel outlet and the shades from target and under $20
  • the feather balls were left from another project. i just pulled them off of stems and through them in the jar – from hobby lobby

‘make an impact with little cash’ tip:

• the curtains are from etsy – and a great cheat. instead of spending way too much on full curtains, we just bought 2 panels and used them as accents. we also asked her for a piece of scrape fabric to place in the frame, really ties it all together.

lots of pinning about the redo here

17 Comments on “i decorated: austin, tx – it’s all done!”

1. Lani Love
    June 3, 2013 at 9:53 AM #

Amazing! You really should be doing this professionally. It looks so fantastic! Bravo!

2. Nikia
    June 3, 2013 at 10:14 AM #

Looks amazing! Modern yet cozy. I love your aesthetic!

3. Found This Painted That
    June 3, 2013 at 10:32 AM #

That’s outstanding! I love your bargains too. I would never have known how inexpensively you made it if you hadn’t said.

4. Melissa
    June 3, 2013 at 10:42 AM #

Looks awesome. Her striped wall reminds me of my striped wall! :)

• unicorn style
      June 3, 2013 at 10:44 AM #

nice! i love a good striped wall it makes everything look longer and it is such an easy add. thanks melissa!

5. Lindsey Boden
    June 3, 2013 at 10:59 AM #

Amazing per usual! Now come to my house!! I want that orange/red table!

6. Jen
    June 3, 2013 at 5:47 PM #

um, this is ridiculous!!! i’m now looking at the 14 toys and doll stroller in my family room and feeling very sad for myself. hope you’re well. -jen

7. Lisa Muscato
    June 6, 2013 at 12:22 PM #

Yep! This is awesome!!

8. Klonopin
    November 7, 2013 at 6:57 AM #

I think this is one of the most vital information foor me.

And i’m glad reading your article. But should remark on some general things, The site style is wonderful, the articles is really nice : D.

Good job, cheers

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Trend Watch: Shibori + Picnic Essentials + more! | Front & Main - June 9, 2013

[…] Colorful, Whimsical Bedroom Plan — Apartment Therapy Why We Love west elm — Pink The Town Before/After in Austin — Unicorn Stylings Father’s Day Gift Guide — Smashing Style Party Organizer: DIY […]