part 1. my youngest sister moved into my old place in austin about 2 yrs ago, but my move-out left it empty. it’s a great downtown space with high ceilings, lots of windows and light, but only about 800 sq ft. we’re adding: more sections/living areas, seating, changing the lights, new wall color and accent walls – the list goes on.
this is a total work-in-progress. but here’s a peak into the progress.
this sofa table is my favorite part of the redo – can you tell? it separates the kitchen and living room, and she can use the benches as chairs for when she works from the sofa table.
everything is stock and secured on the cheap:
- sofa table – ikea and only $80
- tray, faux coral, glass bell jar, puffer fish, – z gallerie and all under $40
- lamps were a score from the crate and barrel outlet, shades from target and under $20
- the benches with the greek key scroll and great pop of color were major wins from tj maxx
- the feather balls were left from another project. i just pulled them off of stems and through them in the jar – from hobby lobby
lots of pinning about the redo here
did you spy the new bar, ottoman, and cow hide rug in the background? more to come – including the finished product…paint and all!